From the official James Beard Foundation website: “The James Beard Foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to celebrate, support, and elevate the people behind America’s food culture and champion a standard of good food anchored in talent, equity, and sustainability.” This year, Penguin Random house is proud to be the publishing home for many of this year’s James Beard Book Award winners. Sending a jolly congratulations to all award winners and publishing teams. Happy cooking!
Beverage with Recipes: Books with recipes focused on beverages, such as cocktails, beer, wine, spirits, coffee, tea, or juices.
- The Bartender’s Manifesto: How to Think, Drink, and Create Cocktails Like a Pro by Toby Maloney and Emma Janzen
Bread: Books with recipes focused on the art and craft of making bread, including ingredients, techniques, equipment, and traditions.
- The Perfect Loaf: The Craft and Science of Sourdough Breads, Sweets, and More: A Baking Book by Maurizio Leo
General: Books with recipes that address a broad scope of cooking, not just a single topic, technique, or region.
- The Cook You Want To Be: Everyday Recipes to Impress by Andy Baraghani
International: Books with recipes focused on food or cooking traditions of countries, regions, or communities outside of the United States.
- Mi Cocina: Recipes and Rapture From My Kitchen In Mexico: A Cookbook by Rick Martinez
Literary Writing: Narrative nonfiction books, including memoirs, culinary tourism, investigative journalism, food advocacy, and critical analysis of food and foodways for a general audience. Includes memoir, biography, personal essays, culinary travel, and culture.
- Savor: A Chef’s Hunger for More by Fatima Ali with Tarajia Morrell
Restaurant and Professional: Books written by a culinary professional or restaurant chef with recipes that may include advanced cooking techniques.
- Bludso’s BBQ Cookbook: A Family Affair in Smoke and Soul by Kevin Bludso with Noah Galuten
Vegetable-Focused Cooking: Books on vegetable cookery with recipes that are meatless, vegetarian, or vegan.
- The Vegan Chinese Kitchen: Recipes and Modern Stories From a Thousand-Year-Old Tradition: A Cookbook by Hannah Che
Emerging Voice: The Book Committee selects the Emerging Voice award winner; no entries are accepted for this category. This award recognizes the work of immediate impact and lasting significance by a first-time published author whose unique perspective expands the reach of the subject matter.
- Diasporican by Illyana Maisonet