Worldwide, readers are seeking the comforts of books and live storytelling during this time when we are physically apart, so connecting readers with books and authors is more important than ever. To help, Penguin Random House is now hosting a wide variety of virtual events each day. Below is a partial listing of upcoming events.
Join us as we come together around books–the thread that unites us all. Discover the stories that will distract, calm, and inspire us, and most importantly connect each other. Find out more about #BooksConnectUs here, and join our community of avid readers around the world by participating in our virtual events:
This page is updated every week on Tuesdays. To find out about Penguin Random House’s most up-to-date events, please follow these pages:
- Random House Event Page and Random House Instagram
- Ten Speed Press Instagram
- Penguin Books Instagram
- Penguin Press Instagram
- Random House Kids Instagram
- Underlined’s Instagram
- Penguin Kids Instagram
- Penguin Teens Instagram
Cons & Events:
- NEW 8/21-8/22: Book Your Summer LIVE!
Random House Adult:
- NEW 8/11 at 5 PM EST: Megha Majumdar (A Burning) hosted by Northshire Bookstore. Join via Zoom
- NEW 8/11 at 7PM EST:Jeff and Anne VanderMeer (The Big Book of Modern Fantasy) In Conversation with several of the book’s contributors, including authors Victor LaValle, Sheree Renee Thomas, and Kelly Link, and with Matt Cheney moderating the panel, hosted by Midtown Readert. Join via Zoom Webinar
- NEW 8/11 at 8PM EST: Big Ideas Night Presents The Political Landscape:The Political Landscape will feature Sarah Posner (UNHOLY: Why White Evangelicals Worship at the Altar of Donald Trump( Eddie Glaude Jr. (BEGIN AGAIN: James Baldwin’s America and Its Urgent Lessons for Our Own), Gerald F. Seib (WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING: From Reagan to Trump—A Front-Row Seat to a Political Revolution) , and John Dickerson (THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD: The American Presidency) via Zoom.
- NEW 8/13 at 8PM EST: One World Ideas x Action with Nate Marshall and Morgan Parker. Register here.
- NEW What Now: Antiracist Teach-In Sessions:
- 8/16 at 8PM EST: Night One with Ibram X. Kendi and Isabel Wilkerson. Register here.
- 8/17 at 8PM EST: Night Two with Ibram X. Kendi and Bryan Stevenson. Register here.
- 8/18 at 8PM EST: Night Three with Ibram X. Kendi and Eddie S. Glaude Jr. Register here.
- 8/19 at 8:15PM EST: Night Four with Ibram X. Kendi and Robin DiAngelo. Register here.
- 8/20 at 8PM EST: Night Five with Ibram X. Kendi and Brit Bennett. Register here.
- 8/21 at 8PM EST: Night Six with Ibram X. Kendi and Jason Reynolds. Register here.
- 8/22 at 8PM EST: Night Seven with Ibram X. Kendi and Angie Thomas. Register here.
- NEW 8/25 at 7:30PM EST: Random House Book Club Happy Hour
with Mexican Gothic. Register here.
- NEW 8/26 at 8PM EST: Random House Summer Reads. You’ll hear from Kate Stayman-London (One to Watch), Victor LaValle (The Changeling), Diksha Basu (Destination Wedding), and Lauren Wilkinson (American Spy) in conversation with Grace Atwood. Register here.
- NEW 8/10 at 6:00PM EST: Square Books hosts virtual happy hour with Roselle Lim, author of VANESSA YU’S MAGICAL PARIS TEA SHOP. Join via Zoom.
- NEW 8/10 at 8:00PM EST: The St. Louis County Library, HEC-TV and The Novel Neighbor host Ashley Hasty and Fiona Davis, author of THE LIONS OF FIFTH AVENUE. Join via Facebook Live.
- NEW 8/11 at 7:00PM EST: Books & Books presents a virtual event with Emily Henry, author of BEACH READ, in conversation with Meg Cabot, author of NO OFFENSE. Join via Crowdcast.
- NEW 8/13 at 6:30PM EST: BookTowne and Brielle Public Library host virtual book talk with Fiona Davis, author of THE LIONS OF FIFTH AVENUE. Join event via Zoom.
- NEW 8/13 at 7:00PM EST: Harvard Bookstore hosts Nathaniel Philbrick in conversation with Erik Larson, author of THE SPLENDID AND THE VILE. Join via Zoom.
- NEW 8/13 at 8:00PM EST: Bad Bitch Book Club hosts Brit Bennett, author of THE VANISHING HALF, on their Instagram Live.
- NEW 8/13 at 8:00PM EST: Rakestraw Books hosts virtual event with Tyrinne Lewis and Kiley Reid, author of SUCH A FUN AGE. Purchase tickets here.
Random House Children’s Books:
- 8/25 at 7PM CT: Liza Wiemer will launch THE ASSIGNMENT. Register here.
Penguin Young Readers:
- NEW 8/11 at 1PM EST: TINA CHO and JESS X. SNOW LAUNCH story time event for THE OCEAN CALLS hosted by Little Shop of Stories via Facebook Live, learn more here!
- NEW 8/11 at 6PM CST: KIMBERLY BRUBAKER BRADLEY LAUNCH event for FIGHTING WORDS hosted by Parnassus Books Nashville via Facebook Live, learn more here!
Brightly is a resource to help parents raise lifelong readers launched in partnership with Penguin Random House.
Brightly Storyime brings you full-length picturebooks read out loud by their storyteller, Ms. Linda.
We Are YA Podcast
You’ve heard from young adult authors on social, now hear what they really have to say! Writer and journalist Anna Borges talks with the diverse authors that make up the modern YA community on We Are YA, presented by Penguin Teen.
- Pocket Change Collective Episodes:
- Ep 1: Kimberly Drew: This Is What I Know About Art, listen here
- Ep 2: The New Queer Conscience with Adam Eli, airdate 6/11
- Ep 3: – Imaginary Borders with with Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, airdate 6/18
- Ep 4: – Beyond the Gender Binary with Alok Vaid-Menon, airdate 6/25
Books Connect Us Podcast:
Here are some of the upcoming Books Connect Us podcast episodes to check out in the coming days:
- Episode 1: Taylor Jenkins Reid (DAISY JONES & THE SIX) talking to PRH’s Natasha Minoso
- Episode 2: Erik Larson talking to Read It Forward’s Abbe Wright about his new book, THE SPLENDID AND THE VILE.
- Episode 3: Celeste Headlee (DO NOTHING: How to Break Away From Overworking, Overdoing, and Underliving) in conversation with her editor Michele Eniclerico.
- Episode 4: Andy Greene (THE OFFICE: The Untold Story) in conversation with fellow author Rob Sheffield.
- Episode 5: Emma Straub (ALL ADULTS HERE) interviewed by PRH’s Amy Brinker.
- Episode 6: John Kenney (LOVE POEMS FOR ANXIOUS PEOPLE) with his editor Sally Kim.
- Episode 7: R. Eric Thomas (HERE FOR IT) with Read It Forward’s Abbe Wright.
- Episode 8: Adam Resnick WILL NOT ATTEND and Pat Stango.
- Episode 9: Arlan Hamilton (IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME) and Laura Huang (EDGE: Turning Adversity Into Advantage).
- Episode 10: Frances Cha on her debut novel IF I HAD YOUR FACE and the impossible standards of beauty
- Episode 11: Berkley authors Kwana Jackson (REAL MEN KNIT) and Alexa Martin (BLITZED).
- Episode 12: Nic Stone, author of DEAR MARTIN and DEAR JUSTYCE
- Episode 13: Curtis Sittenfeld, author of RODHAM, asks “What if Hillary had NOT married Bill Clinton?”
- Episode 14: Jonathan Karl, author of FRONT ROW AT THE TRUMP SHOW and Chief White House Correspondent for ABC News.
- Episode 15: Elizabeth Gilbert author of EAT PRAY LOVE and CITY OF GIRLS
- Episode 16: Roselle Lim (Vanessa Yu’s Magical Paris Tea Shop) and Soniah Kamal (Unmarriageable)
- Episode 17: Abbi Waxman (I WAS TOLD IT WOULD GET EASIER) and Kristan Higgans (ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW)
- Episode 18: Jodi Picoult (SMALL GREAT THINGS) and Nic Stone (DEAR JUSTYCE) have a frank discussion about race
- Episode 19: Dustin Lance Black, author of MAMA’S BOY and Academy Award winning screenwriter of MILK
- Episode 20: Chanel Cleeton, author of NEXT YEAR IN HAVANA and LAST TRAIN TO KEY WEST
“We love to watch what we read” is the slogan for this creative production that dives into readers’ favorite book-to-screen adaptations. Beginning with Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu, listen to Emma Shafer and Abbe Wright chat with authors and insiders, including LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE author Celeste Ng about the makings of a great adaptable book,
Del Reydio Podcast:
- Episode 1: “Spaceboys” (March 26) Ashleigh and Julie talk Animal Crossing and Westworld. We check in with editor Tom Hoeler to discuss virtual board games. And editor Sarah Peed interviews author Emily Skrutskie about her new book, BONDS OF BRASS.
- Episode 2: “Adopted by a Giant Spider” (April 2) Ashleigh and Julie check in with Megan Tripp, Del Rey’s social media manager, and talk about cozy fantasy reads. Our marketing colleague Kathleen Quinlan interviews author Zack Jordan about his space opera debut, THE LAST HUMAN.
- Episode 3: “Human with a Sword” (April 9) Ashleigh and Julie talk about anime and check in with editorial assistant Alex Davis on his Dungeons & Dragons campaigns. Editorial Director Tricia Narwani interviews Kevin Hearne about their 16 (!) books together, including the upcoming INK & SIGIL. And listen to an audiobook excerpt from WORLD WAR Z by Max Brooks, as read by Mark Hamill.
Key Past Events:
- 8/9 at 5:00PM EST: Quogue Library and BookHampton host Fiona Davis. Join via Zoom.
- 8/8 at 6:00PM EST: The Poisoned Pen Bookstore hosts Fiona Davis in conversation with Barbara Peters and author Kate Quinn. Learn more here. Watch via Facebook Live.
- 8/8 at 9AM EST: Abi Cushman Saturday Morning Storytime for SOAKED! Hosted by RJ Julia via Zoom, register to attend here!
- 8/8 at 2PM MST: Natalie Mae, author of THE KINDER POISON as moderator for Kelly McWilliam’s event for Agnes At The End of the World hosted by via Zoom, register to attend here!
- 8/7 at 7:00PM EST: Shari Lapena virtual event with Lisa Gardner at the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta. Join via Zoom.
- 8/6 at 7:00PM EST: RJ Julia Booksellers hosts an evening with Fiona Davis, author of THE LIONS OF FIFTH AVENUE, in conversation with Adriana Trigiani. Join via Zoom.
- 8/6 at 7:00PM CT/ 8:00PM EST: St. Louis County Library hosts Lisa Woodruff, author of THE PAPER SOLUTION. Learn more here. Video Premiere here.
- 8/6 at 7:00PM CT/ 8:00PM EST: Magic City Books in Tulsa hosts Shari Lapena to discuss her new book with Riley Sager. Join via Zoom.
- 8/5 at 4PM EST: Ibi Zoboi event “Black Book Joy” for MY LIFE AS AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH via Crowdcast, tune in here!
- 8/5 at 5PM EST: Gus Gordon story time read aloud for FINDING FRANCOIS hosted via Facebook Live, tune in here!
- 8/5 at 7:30PM EST: Join Jessica Goodman in conversation with Emma Gray. Hosted by Greenlight Bookstore via Zoom. Click here to register for the event!
- 8/5 at 7:00PM EST: RWR Podcast with Robin Kall Presents: The Best of August with Fiona Davis, Caroline Leavitt and Stephen Kiernan. Join via Crowdcast.
- 8/5 at 7:00PM EST: Shari Lapena virtually discusses her new novel THE END OF HER at Cuyahoga Public Library. Learn more here. Watch via Facebook Live.
- 8/5 at 8:00PM EST: Loyalty Bookstore hosts Akwaeke Emezi, author of THE DEATH OF VIVEK OJI. Join via Crowdcast.
- 8/4 at 6:30PM EST: Bomb Magazine hosts launch event for THE DEATH OF VIVEK OJI, written by Akwaeke Emezi. Join via Crowdcast. The event will also be streamed through Facebook Live.
- 8/4 at 8:00PM EST: The New York Public Library hosts Fiona Davis, author of THE LIONS OF FIFTH AVENUE, in conversation with Zibby Owens, creator and host of the podcast Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books. Get tickets here.
- 8/4 at 7 PM EST: HOW HAVE I NOT READ THIS? Book Club Yaa Gyasi (Homegoing) In Conversation with Jordan Pavlin, hosted by Cafe Con Libros. Join via Zoom.